Let’s be honest; I’ve been a bit MIA lately. I place FULL BLAME on the back-to-school crazies.
Crazies (Noun): A time/situation that is overly hectic, busy, and stressful when life outside of blogging takes precedence.
The NERVE of these crazies, huh? Regardless, I go crazy without blogging. I’m going to solve this problem now before I start making up more words and providing you with custom definitions (although I do enjoy this).
I am overwhelmed by the publicity of Friday’s guest post from Chuck Bennington of The Perfect Couplet! Read it here if you haven’t: Scaling Like A Boss: CrossFit and Beyond. I’m going to be honest, it’s posts and publicity like THIS that reminds me that blogging is all about QUALITY over QUANTITY. I would rather bring you quality content once a week than crappy nonsense 3 times a day.
On to the Liebster Award!
I’m going to openly admit that I have been nominated for this award before, but didn’t take the time to craft a post on it’s behalf. Perhaps the random facts were daunting? Or maybe I was just being
little miss lazy–shhh, don’t tell. IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYMORE… Today, I am all about it–mainly because I think it is time for some random facts!
I’m looking forward to allowing y’all to get to know me a bit better, and PLEASE join in and allow me to get to know you with some silly/random facts and questions!
Liebster Award Criteria
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
11 Random Facts
- I wrote almost an entire book in sixth grade. I stopped one day when I received a zero on a paper, and my teacher accused me of plagiarism because a “sixth grader would never be able to write that well.” That was the ONE and ONLY time my mom was furious enough with a teacher to go in and speak with the principal. Regardless, “said teacher” deterred my passion and I stopped writing for pleasure for MANY OF YEARS. Obviously, I picked it up again within this past year and haven’t looked back. It’s crazy how literally and subliminally that very accusation had quite the lasting impact without me even realizing it.
- I am obsessed with coffee. If I could marry it, I would.
- The fine arts happy my soul. Open casting call for a man that would take me to a musical or an art show without grumbling and complaining along the way.
- I have a ridiculous aversion to throwing away magazines. I’ll box them up, stack them, and collect them. Whether I read it front to back, skim it, or never read a page–I can’t throw it away. Ever. HELP ME. You’d think I was planning one heck of a paper mache modge podge.
- I’m an extreme couponer. I always have a coupon. For everything. Some call it an addiction; I call it a skill. I don’t stockpile though–don’t you worry.
- I tend to buy more clothes than I ever wear. I guess this makes me a typical girl, but I love buying clothes (particularly when I get good deals). So many of these “had to have” pieces still have tags, and hang in my closet nonetheless. Don’t tell my mom.
- I am a recovering ramen noodle addict. There were literally my favorite food growing up. I have to say, I don’t remember the last time I had them though. Wow, I really am becoming healthier.
- I really like coffee, like a lot. I already said that, didn’t I? Okay, this one is for emphasis.
- Blogging is more work than I ever expected. It is time-consuming and so much more than typing a few words and pressing send (if you actually want people to read your words).
- I would love to be a personal trainer. This is probably no secret if people were to really sit down and think about it, but this is one of those “eventual bucket list-long term-one of these days” goals.
I spend an ungodly amount of time on Twitter.Pretend you didn’t read that one. It’s a secret (probably not one I keep very well if you follow my constant ramblings).
11 Interview Questions
View Kammie’s original answers here.
- What was your favorite class in high school? Easily my “advanced/AP/honors” English courses. These were VERY hard and challenging; but I can not begin to divulge how much I learned. I attribute my extensive knowledge of grammar/writing/reading/vocabulary to these courses and these amazing teachers.
- If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would you eat? Ramen noodles. See random fact number 7.
- What’s the number 1 place you’d like to visit? Switzerland. From what I have seen and gathered, this country is top notch in regards to health, fitness, and happiness. Those are my kind of people.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs, easy. Particularly my own–Sadie Louise.
- Favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday? I’m really bad at being “lazy” so it would probably entail Church, blogging, working out, cooking, and simply doing the same-old thing–without the hustle and bustle of a typical day of course.
- Favorite movie of ALL time? IRON MAN. Or more recently, Les Mis (see random fact #3).
- Favorite band / music artist during childhood? I was a big Spice Girls/S Club 7 kind of gal. GIRL POWER FOR THE WIN.
- When did you start your journey in the kitchen? I have always been intrigued by cooking, but this journey became serious last year when I moved into my first apartment.
- If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would you pick? This is TOUGH! I like variety–lots and LOTS of variety. But, right now? I’d say steak, a side of veggies, and quinoa. First thing that came to mind–probably because I’m thinking that is going to be dinner? Maybe.
- What kind of climate do you wish you could live in? Warm! NOT hot and sticky and NOT freezing cold–moderate and about 70 degrees of sunshine and warm fuzzies.
- If you could transform into any animal, what would you pick? Penguins are cute, but I’d rather not waddle. It would be pretty fantastical to be swift like a cheetah!
11 New Questions
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure (that one item you know you shouldn’t eat but DO, WILL, and DON’T REGRET)?
- Why did you originally start blogging?
- Who was your original blogging idol?
- If you could go one place in the world, where would it be?
- When asked as a child, “what do you want to be when you grow up?”–what was your answer?
- What is one bad habit that you possess?
- Coffee or tea?
- Are you more productive late at night or early in the morning?
- What is your go-to method of exercise?
- Favorite breakfast?
- Going out to eat or cooking?
And I nominate…
- Katelyn of Chef Katelyn
- Amalia of Eat. Travel. Eat. Run.
- Charissa of Colourful Palate
- Sarah of Mom Running On Empty
- Melissa of Freeing Imperfections
- Courtney of Journey of a Dreamer
- Gabby of Gabby’s Gluten-Free
- Danielle of It’s a Harleyyy Life
- Natalie of This Mama Can Run
- Bonnie of Bonnie Lang Fitness
- Gigi of Gigi Eats Celebrities
Please, please, please join in and answer the questions or leave a few random facts about YOURSELF in the comments. OR write your own post if you have a blog and link back to mine.
This is too much fun to reflect in a silly manner! This post took me longer than expected, but it was so enjoyable. Please, take a moment to share in the fun! :)
Note: After the fact, I realized I may not have followed the “specific” guidelines for the Liebster Award as to how many blog followers people have and what-not. My bad–I think it a fun way to get know others either way.